Most working bred spaniels have excellent hunting and retrieving instincts. And are extremely lively.
This can sometimes lead them into trouble in pet homes.
Whilst some working bred spaniels make great pets, they do need a good deal more supervision than many owners expect, in order to keep them under control
Below are some articles about spaniel breeds, and about life with working spaniels
- The Trouble with Springers
- Help, my spaniel is out of control
- The Clumber Spaniel
- The Working Cocker
- Keep your puppy close
- Should beating spaniels be taught to retrieve?
- Health testing working spaniels
- Can your puppies be legally docked?
- Hunting versus heelwork for spaniels
- Quartering for spaniels